jeudi 20 octobre 2016

Basics of a stop order... how can I know when should I put one in?

Hello Guys,

I am trying to make sense of everything I am reading and learning, so much but so interesting,
so there will be a question here, please just stay with me :-)

I am understanding the concept of being careful, specially as a beginner, and use stop orders,
but use them properly, do not let a stock run down with the hope it comes back and make your money back
but also do not put a stop order to close to the buying price because you may stop the order too quickly.
I understand the concept of profit/loss ratio 2:1

but what is the basic beginner strategy to identify where to set your stop order as well as how to
know when to sell and task the profit? I know that there cannot be a one single strategy, I assume this will depend on the
market, the investment and the stock itself, but looking it from a beginner prospective, with an initial $3000
dollar account (which I don’t have one yet) which will trade only on Nasdaq, can you recommend me a
basic strategy which I can then refine as I get experience?

Much appreciated.

Regards
Nic


Basics of a stop order... how can I know when should I put one in?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire