mardi 25 juillet 2017

Live (or almost) stock prices in Excel?

It should be the easiest thing in the world IMO, but in the years I've traded stocks and wanted to follow the value of my stocks, making graphs etc., getting the data into excel has been a pain. For years I used Data Connection function, had to set up each individual stock and it took forever to update. Later I used the MSN Money function where I can get all stock prices updated at once, I think 15 min delayed. And that worked fine (except my GM stock sometimes pulled the price for other stocks with similar initials/names) until mid July. They write.:"We are improving the way that stock quotes are delivered to MSN Money users. Unfortunately, this means we are no longer able to provide financial market information to you in this format.".

Funny how companies get PR people to create their messaging, calling a major annoyance/disruption an improvement. How stupid do they think we are?! Offending.

So...does anybody have a good solution for this? I'd like a sheet that clicking a button/macro in the sheet updates with all the latest stock prices (15 min delay is OK), and it has to be able to pull stock from both US, UK, GE and my country Denmark, e.g. Novo (Novo Nordisk A/S (NOVO-B.CO)).


Live (or almost) stock prices in Excel?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire