samedi 25 février 2017

Do I need a sharedealing account to receive dividends?

I got some shares from share options, and when I had them at home as share certificates I did not get any dividends. I opened a share dealing account just because I was afraid that I the share certificates could get destroyed or lost.
Once I opened the account with HSBC invest direct, I started getting dividends transferred into my current account, which was nice of course.
But now HSBC is going to close all share dealing accounts of non UK residents, unless they keep depositing £500 monthly into their current account.
I do not wish to transfer money regularly to the UK, so HSBC is either going to sell my shares, allow me to transfer them to another broker, or mail the certificates back to me.
I just want to keep receiving my dividends, that's all, I do not wish to trade.
Sure I could transfer the shares to another broker, but the problem is that most brokers nowadays also are reluctant in taking new accounts from non UK residents.


Do I need a sharedealing account to receive dividends?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire